Home Measurement & Analysis
Options

orbit monitoring

angeloangelo Member Posts: 3

Can Endaq software monitor orbital motion? I need to monitor orbital, non rotational 2D motion, 40mm orbit, 20Hz max. Preferably on a calibrated display to show orbit trajectory and displacement in (practical) real time. Any (nice) suggestions please?

Comments

• Options
    Stephen HanlyStephen Hanly Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 64 admin

Angelo,

Our sensors can measure the parameters necessary such as acceleration, rotation, orientation etc. but the software at this time isn't capable of taking all of these parameters to calculate this into a trajectory and displacement, especially in real-time.

I'm not aware of any software that can do that unfortunately because the math necessary is fairly complex. I'd think that displacement sensors such as laser or even just a camera system would be more aligned with that type of measurement.

Hope this helps!
    -Steve

• Options
    angeloangelo Member Posts: 3

Thanks Steve, not a promising prospect then, I would have thought a max of 20Hz would not have been a problem if the orbit display was the only priority? I have seen orbits displayed in some of the software used in industry but cannot get confirmation of the real time aspect from any local supplier/user, especially here in Perth (AU). Cameras and probes are not an option in this case, the entire machine moves during use so there is no stable reference to attach.
    Angelo.

• Options
    CarlyAzumaCarlyAzuma Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020

Orbitron looks pretty nice. It looks like it can get automatic TLE updates - is that true?
    I thought all official TLE updates were only available from that one site (I cannot remember the name now), but I am registered there. Shows you how long it's been since I've retrieved TLEs.

pcb layout design for assembly guidelines